Topic of the Week
Excuses, Excuses: What Not To Say When You Skip a Day At Work
How should you approach those times when work is really getting in the way of your life?
Blog of the Week
Can an employee on FMLA leave from work attend a night concert?
The Northern District of Texas judge shut down the woman’s claim with Beyoncé-like finality. But it raises the legitimate question of whether people on medical leave or family leave are entitled to enjoyment of life or expected to sit at home and recuperate in stoic solitude.
Thought for the Week
"If you tell the boss that you're late for work because you had a flat tire, the next day you'll have a flat tire."
List of the Week
from Bureau of Labor Statistics
The 24/7 Job Search: We should always be looking.
- Half of employees over 40 are out of a job in less than two years
- 69% were out of a job in five years
- Those over 40 with a Bachelor's degree, or higher, face the same job instability as they did in their mid-thirties
Top Five News Headlines
- Here’s what to do if you’ve been sexually harassed at work
- Can This Executive Make Uber a Place Women Want to Work?
- Will the Supreme Court Unravel Public Employee Unions?
- Firm behind ‘Fearless Girl’ statue underpaid female workers: feds
- No Class Action: Supreme Court Weighs Whether Workers Must Face Arbitrations Alone