Topic of the Week
Search And You Shall Find: Working With a Search Firm:
Looking for work seems like the ultimate go-it-alone experience. But it often doesn't have to be, there are resources out there dedicated to helping you. For example, staff at the unemployment office, career placement staff at your university, staff with
Blog of the Week
On the CFPB’s Birthday, Stand Against Sharks
The CFPB has provided an extraordinary amount of help to millions of Americans in just six years. Now it needs our help.
Thought for the Week
"Corporations no longer try to fit square pegs into round holes; they just fit them into square cubicles."
List of the Week
from Dr. Frank Luntz
Phrases That Work (And One That Doesn't)
- 'Imagine' is still the most powerful word in the English language.
- 'No excuses.' No phrase better conveys accountability, responsibility and transparency.
- 'I get it.' Short, sweet and effective.
- 'If you remember only one thing...' is the surest way to guarantee that people will remember the one point that matters most to you.
- 'Uncompromising Integrity.' Of all the truthiness words, none is as powerful as 'integrity,' but in today's cynical environment, don't expect it to take you very far.
Top Five News Headlines
- This Man's Story Of Being Discriminated For Wearing Makeup At Work Is Going Viral
- Paid parental leave may be the idea that transcends politics
- Chuck Schumer: A Better Deal for American Workers
- Santander's Call-Center Workers Bring Union Push to Washington
- Uber Needs to Share Its Salary Data